The Salisbury Chicken Coop is a beautifully shaped Chicken House & Run with an arching timber design. High quality and well-built, this Coop is fox-proof and suitable for 4 - 6 medium-sized hens.
The Salisbury Chicken Coop is a practical, easy-to-clean hen house that is a pleasure to look at and to use.
Designed and made here in our Dorset workshop using only top quality pressure treated timber. We use a unique heat process for creating curved timber frames.
For more information click about Framebow Coops.
The Salisbury Chicken Coop has many great features, including:
* Internal Removable Nesting Box Tray with easy access for egg collection
* Freestanding Internal Perches
* Built-In Ventilation
* Portcullis-style Pop Hole Door on a drawstring for external operation
* Pop-hole opens onto a Sundeck then a Ramp to the ground
* Large dropdown access door to the rear of the hen house
* The Run is integral, extending 6ft from the front of the house, giving footprint dimensions of approx 9ft 3in x 4ft 3in wide (39 sq ft)
* Under-house space gives plenty of headroom for the hens and provides shelter and shade, as well as space for feeders.
It is fully compatible with Chicken Guard Automatic Door Openers (which we would fit for you if purchased with the coop. A lightweight door is required to be fitted on the front face and it needs to be remodelled to fit).
- External Dimensions 283cm (9ft 4in) long x 133cm (4ft 4in) wide at midpoint x 140cm (4ft 7in) high
- Internal house: 81cm long x 116cm wide x 71cm high max.
- Footprint: 281cm (9ft 3in) x 129cm (4ft 3in). Footprint area 3.6 sq m (39 sq ft)
- Inside Run Area: 37cm high max. x 60cm under house
- Sundeck: 115cm wide x 29cm deep
- All timber is sustainably resourced, FSC Certified, slow-grown Scandinavian Redwood
- Cladding: 19mm planed Pressure Treated T & G Shiplap
- Front & back panels: 19mm planed Pressure Treated T & G
- Floor: 9mm Exterior Grade Sealed Hardwood Plywood
- Non-curved Frame: 38 x 38mm Pressure Treated Eased-Edge Framing
- Curved Frames: Our unique curved pressure-treated timber framing
- The Run: European Green-coated, ½-inch by 1-inch, 18g Galvanised Weldmesh
- Fixtures: Stainless Steel Nails; Plated & Painted Decking Screws
- Fittings: Heavy Duty Galvanised or Zinc Plated
- Timber Warranty: 15 years against rot & fungal attack (see Warranty conditions)
For more details about the timber we use, how to keep it waterproof and take care of it over the years please visit the About our Houses page.
Current delivery is approx. 1-2 weeks.
Delivery is via Palletline delivery company and starts at £59.00 to most mainland England destinations. Please see our Delivery Information page.
The Salisbury Chicken Coop is delivered in sections (panels), on a pallet, for easy self-assembly. The Hen House and Run panels are all screwed together. This makes assembly very easy with an electric screwdriver. We estimate it should take around 40 minutes to assemble.