Maggie's Dozen Hen House, made in Dorset by Flyte so Fancy. A traditional wooden hen house that will house 12 laying hens or 8 large birds (image shows our very large Brahma Cockerel and his girls).
For more details about the timber we use, how to keep it waterproof and take care of it over the years please visit the About our Houses page.
The Maggie's 12 Hen House will comfortably accommodate up to 12 laying hens, or 10 hens and a cockerel; 8 large breed birds or 15 bantams.
- Large Back Door
- Adjustable Ventilation Window
- Secondary Apex Ventilation
- Optional heart window
- Removable Dirt Tray
- External Lift-off Nest Boxes (on the left)
- 3 Removable Perches
- Secured Pop-Hole Ramp
- Auto-Door Opener Compatible
- Painting Service Option
- Ready-assembled or flat-packed for self-assembly
We also offer an option to add the a VSD Door Opener Kit for Maggie's 12 House. If you add this when purchasing the house and we will fit it for you free of charge.
Enclosed mesh runs are also available in 6ft, 9ft and 12ft lengths to suit the Maggie's Dozen Coop.
- Overall external: 173cm wide x 112cm deep x 152cm high (incl roof & nestbox)
- Internally: 127cm x 90cm x 120cm high (max.)
- Footprint: centre foot to centre foot: 106cm x 78cm
- Perches: two at 30cm high and one central one at 40cm high
- Pop-hole size: 28cm wide x 33cm high
- All timber is sustainably resourced, FSC Certified, Pressure-treated Scandinavian Redwood
- Roof: 21mm planed tongue & groove Shiplap
- Body timber: 16mm planed Tongue &Groove
- Floor: 9mm Exterior Grade Sealed Hardwood Plywood
- Frame: 38 x 38mm Eased-Edge Framing
- Legs: 45 x 90mm Eased-Edge Framing
- Fixtures: Stainless Steel Nails; Plated & Painted Decking Screws
- Fittings: Heavy Duty Galvanised or Zinc Plated
- Timber Warranty: 15 years against rot and fungal attack (see Warranty conditions)
Currently approx. 1 week delivery time. This house is normally delivered on a pallet via Palletline carrier.
Please select above for the ready assembled or flat-packed in panels option. Delivery starts at £59 for a pallet (to mainland England), see our Delivery Page for more information.
Very happy with new hen house it arrived on time very easy to put together
The nest box just needs tightening onto the
house but that’s easy
Little bantams very happy
Fantastic hen house, well made, robust, excellent design, great delivery Fantastic hen house, well made, robust, excellent design, great delivery
Very impressed with the service. Anne was really helpful in the pre-sales stage. Everything arrived very well packaged on two pallets on the day it was supposed to. Brilliant. An amazingly well constructed hen house. Rock solid and will last for years, unlike most of the others on the market. Very secure and a great place for the hens to live. Plenty of space for 12 but we will be housing 8 in it.
Excellent communication, delivery was on time and the product appears very well built. Very happy customer! Very well built, well worth the money
We were in the process selling and buying our new home when we purchased our Long Legged Maggie's hen house. Anne and the team at Flyte So Fancy couldn't have been more helpful when the house move was delayed for a number of months. Happily we have now moved into our new home and our girls have moved into their grand new home. Many thanks to all at Flyte So Fancy. Sturdy, well built house and well thought out design with good access all around. We opted for the timed door opening and closing which helps us enormously.