The Small Grow-Top Log Store by Dorset Log Stores. Make your log store a real part of the garden by planting the top with flowers, salads or herbs.
Perfect for fresh salads or herbs to be picked from right outside your door - approx external size is 3ft 10in W x 2ft 5in D x 4ft 1in H. With the Grow-Top bed itself being just 4ft high, it is easy to maintain and easy to access.
A great idea to brighten any dull part of the garden, the space by your back door or a patio corner. The Grow-Top is designed for you to make the most of the space in smaller town gardens, without getting lost in larger country gardens.
For the Grow-Top bed we have lined it with a waterproof membrane, then added a geotextile liner/capillary mat to both contain the compost and allow an even transportation of water throughout the bed.
The capillary matting is a non-toxic, recycled cotton material with a water holding capacity of approx. 3 litres per sq metre.
This makes watering the plants both easy and economical. To avoid waterlogging we have built-in, to the front right-hand corner, an unblockable drainage route so that there will be no loss of growing material and the Grow-Top will not become over-watered.
For more ideas, visit our Info Centre Blog Unlocking your Rooftop Potential.
- Top (Roof) externally: 116cm W x 74cm F to B x 13cm D (3ft 10in x 2ft 5in x 5in).
- The 4-bay growing area is 111cm W x 70cm F to B and 10cm D.
- Footprint (Base): 105cm wide (3ft 6in) x 62cm deep (2ft 1in);
- Height: at the front: 125cm, height at the back 132cm.
- Internal Log Space: 100cm wide x 60cm deep x 114cm high (3ft 3in x 2ft x 3ft 9in)
- Log Capacity: 0.68 cu m
- All timber is sustainably resourced, FSC Certified, Scandinavian Redwood
- Floor, sides, back & top: 21mm thick pressure-treated boards
- Frame: 38mm x 50mm pressure-treated framing
- Fixtures: Stainless Steel Nails; Plated & Painted Decking Screws
- Liner: Geotextile non-toxic recycled cotton membrane
- Timber Warranty: 15 years against rot & fungal attack (see Warranty conditions)
- Handmade in England
Currently 1-2 weeks delivery time. The Small Grow-Top Log Store will arrive on a wooden pallet by Palletline Transport delivery company on a weekday to suit you.
Please select above if you would like the log store to arrive ready assembled or in panels for self-assembly. See our Delivery Information page for details of pallet size and method of delivery.