The Arched Rabbit House is a beautifully shaped Rabbit Haven with an integral run. Perfect to keep your rabbits safe and sound as well as adding a lovely piece of architecture to your garden.
This all-in-one house-and-run combination makes really efficient use of space whilst looking absolutely stunning. It is 9ft 5in long by 5ft 3in wide and 5ft 11in high.
This is a large rabbit house with an arched timber design and is made, here in Dorset by Flyte so Fancy, from curved joinery-quality Swedish redwood timber.
We offer optional cladding to continue the curve of the timber cladding of the house, down to the ground. This will give added protection and shelter under the house for your cotton-tail friend.
Adding a 3ft extension run will increase the run at ground level by approx. 12 sq ft (1.1 sq m).
The Arched Rabbit House comes with a vertical sliding door for the bunny, operated on a drawstring at the back, so he/she can step out onto the outside 'Sun Deck'. We have added a raised edge to the Sun Deck to prevent those 'wish I'd brought a parachute' moments.
The sun deck is wide enough for those lazy hazy days of summer, and a wide, long, ramp with raised edges gives them both access to the lovely green grass but also provides lots of play space. Visit our Information Centre page About Rabbit Hutches.
We do not advise adding a meshed floor to the inner run area unless you are going to cover it with a layer of woodchip or similar soft flooring - unlike cats and dogs, rabbits don't have padded feet so can easily injure their feet when permanently on the metal mesh.
Inside the Rabbit House is a removable phenolic-coated resin board floor to make cleaning very easy. The floor area measures 150cm wide x 80cm front to back and has two solid galvanised handles.
Inside will be a sleeping tray with a sidewall for cosiness and a freestanding wooden frame to hang the drinker, hayrack, and feeder for overnight refreshments.
The Arch Rabbit House is made using thick, joinery grade, FSC Swedish Redwood Timber and 18g galvanised green coated weldmesh (see About our Housing for more details).
The unit arrives in sectional panels for easy home assembly. The Run is assembled using bolts that are inserted through the pre-drilled holes, and all the fixings and instructions are supplied. If you would like a copy of the assembly instructions, to gauge what is needed, before your purchase decision then please just email or give us a call.
- External Dimensions - base width: 136cm (max width at mid-height 160cm); max length: 286cm; max height 179cm.
- Internal house: 153cm (5ft) W x 83cm (2ft 9in) L. Height inside 93cm max.
- Height inside the run: Max. 175cm; under house 79cm
- Sundeck: 143cm wide; 40cm deep
- Total Accessible Area: 5.73 sq m (61.7 sq ft)
- All timber is sustainably resourced, FSC Certified, slow-grown Scandinavian Redwood
- Cladding: 19mm planed Pressure Treated T & G Shiplap
- Front & back panels: 19mm planed Pressure Treated T & G
- Floor: 9mm Exterior Grade Sealed Hardwood Plywood
- Non-curved Frame: 38 x 50mm Pressure Treated Eased-Edge Framing
- Curved Frame: Our unique curved timber framing
- The Run: 18g, ½-inch by 1-inch, European Green-coated Galvanised Weldmesh
- Fixtures: Stainless Steel Nails; Plated & Painted Decking Screws
- Fittings: Heavy Duty Galvanised or Zinc Plated
- Timber Warranty: 15 years against rot & fungal attack (see Warranty conditions)
For more details about the timber we use, how to keep it waterproof and take care of it over the years please visit the About our Houses page.
Currently up to 2 weeks for delivery.
The house is delivered in panels, on a pallet for easy self assembly. The run is fixed together with bolts and the hen house panels are screwed together making the whole assembly very easy with a cordless electric screwdriver. We estimate it should take around an hour to assemble once unpacked.
Delivery is via Palletline delivery company and starts at £59.00 to most postcode areas of mainland England. Delivery is available throughout the UK. See also our Delivery Information page.