Redtop Mini Fly Trap - Genuine Redtop, beware of imitations!! Approx. 18cm (7 ins) tall when the solution is added.
The Redtop Fly Traps are exceedingly effective fly catchers and prevent flies from entering your animal housing, your home, or garden buildings.
This Mini version of the renowned Redtop can catch up to 3,500 flies. It is simple to use, environmentally friendly, food safe, disposable, and doesn't attract bees or other insects.
Ideal for smaller gardens, to prevent your house - or patio - from being plagued by flies every summer.
Simply add water to the bait and hang the fly trap 10m away from the area you wish to protect. The trap needs to have good airflow around it.
Non-toxic biodegradable bait is especially appealing to female flies, thus reducing the breeding of another generation, and lasts up to 12 weeks.
Why are flies a problem?
- They carry and transmit infectious diseases caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites which spread between animals and humans e.g. E-Coli, Salmonella, Tuberculosis and Typhoid
- Flies are also linked with human infections like stomach bugs and blood poisoning
- 'Fly strike' in poultry and other animals is very unpleasant as they lay eggs under the skin that develop into maggots and 'eat' the animal from the inside. Very nasty and can kill the animal if not caught immediately.
- A Fly can mature from egg to adult in under 7 days.
- Adult flies can lay up to 500 eggs in a few days
- Scientists have calculated that a pair of flies can breed almost 200 trillion flies in 5 months
FSF Tip: It is recommended that the Mini Redtop be placed a minimum of 10m from the house to keep the home fly-free, however, as this is not possible in all properties it can be placed closer, but it must be remembered it is to attract the flies away from the house and that as the dead flies build up inside it will begin to smell.
Standard delivery via courier is next working day to most mainland UK destinations for orders placed before 2pm (excl. weekends and bank holidays).