The Long-Legged Maggie's Six Hen House. Designed and made in Dorset by Flyte so Fancy (see How we make our Hen Houses).
Raised accommodation for up to six laying hens, or 8 bantams. This beautifully proportioned residence, our most popular chicken house, will offer a natural roosting environment. A loftier version of our Maggie's Six Hen House, with long 60cm legs and a long ladder.
- Easy access for cleaning
- Large Back Door
- Removable Droppings Tray
- External Lift-off Nest Boxes
- 2 Removable Perches
- Secure Pop-Hole Ramp
- Apex Ventilation
- Auto-door Opener Compatible
- Optional heart window
- Optional Wired Runs
- Painting Service Option
- Delivered Ready-assembled or flat-packed for self-assembly
As perfect in its practicality as it is beautiful to behold, this hen house offers a safe and secure home for your chooks. With the height of the house comes the added advantage of making it extremely easy to clean so crouching or kneeling to clean is a thing of the past.
If you would like your little community to be 'gated' then we offer spacious and secure 6ft or 9ft chicken runs for the Long Legged Maggie's 6 Hen House.
For an Automatic Pop-Hole Door Opener, order this kit with your hen house and we will fit this for you. Or perhaps, for some extra style, consider adding one of our Painting Service options to your hen house?
- Overall external: 135cm W (inc. nestbox) x 100cm D (excl. ladder) x 160cm H
- Internally: 94cm wide x 76cm deep x 93cm high (max.)
- Footprint: centre foot to centre foot: 80cm x 59cm
- Perches: 2 x 90cm long
- Legs: 60cm high (24 ins)
- Pop-hole size: 28cm wide x 26cm high
- All timber is sustainably resourced, FSC Certified, Pressure-treated Scandinavian Redwood
- Roof: 21mm planed tongue & groove Shiplap
- Body timber: 16mm planed Tongue &Groove
- Floor: 9mm Exterior Grade Sealed Hardwood Plywood
- Frame: 38 x 38mm Eased-Edge Framing
- Legs: 45 x 90mm Eased-Edge Framing
- Fixtures: Stainless Steel Nails; Plated & Painted Decking Screws
- Fittings: Heavy Duty Galvanised or Zinc Plated
- Timber Warranty: 15 years against rot and fungal attack (see Warranty conditions)
Currently approx. 1 week delivery time. This house is normally delivered on a pallet via Palletline carrier.
Please select above for the ready assembled or flat-packed in panels option. Delivery starts at £59 for a pallet (to mainland England), see our Delivery Page for more information.
The house exceeded my expectations , well made ,well equipped and roomy.
Delivery was as promised and the assembly instructions easy to follow.
Love the Maggie. So well built and designed. My 5 new bantams have loads of room.
Very pleased with my second Maggies hen house. First one ordered nearly a decade ago and still in use. Like the new arrangement of hooks for the nest box. Much easier to clean out, collect eggs and lift broody hen out! Thank you.
Great communication, prompt delivery Great service, good communication, SOLID chicken coop
NB theses are heavey solid coops, so if access is an issue go flat pack !!
Excellent company to buy from. Always very helpful when asking questions whether in person, email or phone. Always a quick response to any questions. They made me feel a valued customer For access reasons ordered as a flat pack rather than the usual pre-assembled. Arrived on stated date, everything present and correct. Still to be assembled but the instructions are clear and it looks very simple. Lifting the parts off the pallet it was obvious this isn't a lightweight flimsy construction, the timber is substantial and good quality. You do get what you pay for. Of course timber is a natural material so I do expect that it's likely to shrink and expand and that I will have to treat it from time to time but properly looked after I would expect this house to last many many years. I'm very happy with my purchase, lets hope the hens will be too.