Grow-Top Living Roof Garden Store. For your outdoor space create a living roof on top of a Garden Store to maximise your garden storage. Plant the top with salads or herbs, or even some lovely hanging summer bedding plants like Lobelia or Petunia.
Perfect for fresh salads or herbs to be picked from right outside your door - approx external size is 5ft 6in W x 2ft 5in D x 4ft 1in H. The Grow-Top Planter is sectioned into 8 bays, especially for herbs or salad veggies, for easy tending and easy cropping.
A great idea to brighten any dull part of the garden, the space by your back door or a patio corner. The Grow-Top is designed for you to make the most of the space in smaller town gardens, without getting lost in larger country gardens.
Inside the capacious cupboard is one full-width shelf and the double doors are pad-lockable. With the Grow-Top bed itself being just 4ft high, it is easy to maintain and easy to access.
We have lined it with a waterproof membrane and then added a geotextile liner/capillary mat to both contain the compost and allow an even transportation of water throughout the bed.
The capillary matting is a non-toxic, recycled cotton material with a water holding capacity of approx. 3 litres per sq metre. This makes watering the plants both easy and economical.
To avoid waterlogging, not only does the roof slope slightly but we have also built-in to the front right-hand corner an unblockable drainage route, so that there will be no loss of growing material and the Grow-Top will not become over-watered.
For more ideas, visit our Info Centre Blog Unlocking your Rooftop Potential.
- Top (Roof) externally: 166cm W x 74cm F to B x 13cm D (5ft 6in x 2ft 5in x 5in).
- The 8-bay growing area is 161cm W x 70cm F to B and 10cm D.
- Footprint (Base): 155cm wide (5ft 1in) x 63cm deep (2ft 1in);
- Height: at the front: 125cm, height at the back 132cm.
- Internal Cupboard Space: 152cm wide x 60cm deep x 114cm high with mid-shelf.
- All timber is sustainably resourced, FSC Certified, Scandinavian Redwood
- Walls & doors: 19mm thick pressure-treated Tongue & Groove
- Floor, back & top: 21mm thick pressure-treated boards
- Frame: 38mm x 50mm pressure-treated framing
- Fixtures: Stainless Steel Nails; Plated & Painted Decking Screws
- Liner: Geotextile non-toxic recycled cotton membrane
- Timber Warranty: 15 years against rot & fungal attack
- Handmade in England
*For the full nitty-gritty of timber types, thicknesses, dimensions and fixings see About our Garden Stores
Currently 2 week delivery time. This Grow-Top Garden Store will arrive on a wooden pallet by Palletline Transport delivery company on a weekday to suit you.
The Large Grow-Top Store will be delivered in panels for self-assembly. Please see our Delivery Information page for details of pallet size and method of delivery.