Red Top Fly Trap Catcher
Red Top Fly Trap Catcher.
The Red Top Fly Trap Catcher effectively catches and contains flies and blowflies drastically reducing the problem by trapping up to 155 flies a minute.READ MORE
The non-chemical lure is especially effective with female blowflies which are each capable of laying up to 600 eggs every two to three days.
The Redtop Flytrap can contain up to 20,000 flies and lasts up to 12 weeks. Therefore, with the female flies having a life cycle of three to five weeks, the Red Top Flytrap can remove over 1.2 million flies from the environment, your home and/or livestock.
Specifically designed for outdoor use, Redtop Fly Traps draw flies away from the home, patio, barbeque or any other affected area.
It is recommended that the Red Top be placed about 15m from the house and so keep the home fly-free, however, as this is not possible in all properties it can be placed closer but it must be remembered it is to attract the flies away from the house.
Why are flies a problem?
- They carry and transmit infectious diseases caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites which spread between animals and humans e.g. Salmonella, Tuberculosis and Typhoid
- Flies are also linked with human infections like stomach bugs and blood poisoning
- 'Fly strike' in poultry and other animals is very unpleasant as they lay eggs under the skin that develop into maggots and 'eat' the animal from the inside. Very nasty and can kill the animal if not caught immediately.
- A Fly can mature from egg to adult in under 7 days.
- Adult flies can lay up to 500 eggs in a few days
- Scientists have calculated that a pair of flies can breed almost 200 trillion flies in 5 months
FSF Comment: An amazing product, we just could not believe how effective this was - it does exactly what it says on the packet! A little warning from customer feedback - keep the Redtop and its packaging safe from animals, especially dogs, as they can find the scent attractive and want to eat it.
Standard delivery via courier is next working day to most mainland UK destinations for orders placed before 2pm (excl. weekends and bank holidays).
Here to help
Join Phill (our founder) as he guides you through Chicken care with our top tips and tutorials.
Video 1 - Worms in Chickens
Phill discusses one of the main problems when owning and caring for Chickens: worms. An Easy to follow guide for how to deal with the cause for worm infection to eliminate the problem.View more videos
Reviews for: Red Top Fly Trap Catcher
This product hasn't been reviewed yet.