A Floating Duck Lodge - designed and made in the UK by Flyte so Fancy this wonderful Hexagonal Floating Duck House will provide a lovely home for up to six pairs of nesting ducks.
The timber float is packed with closed-cell polystyrene to just the right level so that it will float to be inch-perfect for the ducks to step out of the pond. There are 6 'steps' attached to the float that will sit just on the surface to help the ducks alight.
It provides a wide deck area for them to quack their days away and dabble to their heart's content from their waterside apartment.
We're sure they will move in straight away, dress the windows, arrange the cushions and plug in the tv. It's the perfect way for you to give your ducks comfort and security - and it will just look terrific on the pond.
Made with Scandinavian Redwood Timber, and pressure treated, the quality of this Duck House is excellent and will last many years (see Specifications).
The Hexagonal Float is 196cm max. width (6ft 5in). Galvanised steel anchor rings are included and placed on opposite sides of the float. The required rope is not included as this depends on the size of your pond or how you wish to anchor it and to which point.
- Max width of Lodge body: 116cm; Width inc roof 157cm; Height: 90cm (max. including finial)
- Inside each compartment: maximum 47cm wide
- Hexagonal Float: 196cm max. width (6ft 5in)
- All timber is sustainably resourced, FSC Certified, slow-grown, Pressure Treated Scandinavian Redwood
- Lodge body: 19mm planed T & G Shiplap
- Floor: 18mm Exterior Grade Sealed Hardwood Plywood
- Dividers: 9mm Exterior Grade Sealed Hardwood Plywood
- Frame: 38 x 50mm Eased-Edge Framing
- Roof finish: Hand dressed Lead Capping
- Finial: Hand turned by Flyte so Fancy craftsmen
- Fixtures: Plated & Painted Decking Screws
- Fittings: Heavy Duty Galvanised
- Float: 21mm thick planed timber; 38 x 50mm Framing; Closed-cell polystyrene
For more details about the timber we use, how to keep it waterproof and take care of it over the years please visit the About our Houses page.
Delivery: Currently approx. 4 week delivery.
This Floating Duck House will arrive mostly assembled. The float arrives in two pieces, just screw together, screw on the steps, add house and launch.
Delivery will be on two wooden pallets via Palletline carrier. The exact delivery date will be detailed in a separate confirmation email. Delivery charge is from £79.00 (mainland England).
For pallet delivery details please see our Delivery Information page.
Very pleased with our duck house and the quality build. We are now trying to figure out how to get our stubborn ducks on it. They are giving it a wide birth at present. Maybe a decoy mallard? All our ducks are wild ones. They come and go over the year but we have had up to 60 in summer. Any ideas welcome……
Excellent product. Good service Quality is exceptional and it looks beautiful
Excellent service making a last minute order and delivering on time and wrapping to hide . The perfect birthday present .. a floating duck house .. Flyte so Fancy a pleasure to deal with ... old fashioned service .Thankyou Perfect .. just waiting for lodgers