ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener - Standard AS-S5
ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener - Standard AS model. New 5th generation design for 2022. Operates from Timer only.
The Standard ChickenGuard Automatic Chicken House Pop-Hole Door Opener is a British made pop-hole door opener.
Easy to install, no messy wiring or DIY knowledge required. Will lift a chicken coop door up to 1kg in weight. The Door opener operates from 4 AA Batteries - INCLUDED.READ MORE
This ChickenGuard AS version is for control only with timed settings, not a light sensor, in one complete package. The AS-S5 is the 5th generation version of the popular Chicken Guard Door Opener for Chicken Coops with some new features to complement the regular features.
- Opens and closes the Chicken Coop pop-hole door using a timed setting for a.m. and p.m.
- No DIY knowledge is required and no messy wiring to do
- Can raise a door up to 1kg in weight
- Measures a compact 16.7cm wide x 9.3cm tall and 6cm deep
- Calibrates the door automatically, making installation very easy
- Easy-to-programme timer, guided by the setup wizard, and paper instructions included too
- Battery warning light visible from 100 meters away
- Three power options – 4 x AA Alkaline batteries (included), USB or 6v to 12v DC power (cables not included)
- The Auto-Stop feature halts the door if there is an obstruction e.g. a chicken in the way
- Backup lithium cell battery to keep the clock working if the batteries run out (not included)
- Self-diagnosis capability shows a message on the screen advising what action to take
- Manual Control feature with Failsafe Mode to provide increased security and flexibility
- The integrated LCD screen ensures it is easy to set up and alter timings when necessary
- Designed with large buttons so you can programme the unit easily, and with gloves on in the winter
Simply mount the Pop-Hole Door Opener to the outside or inside of your chicken house, bring the door up to tie the lifting cord to it and add the batteries. Go through the set-up wizard to set the required opening and closing times.
Complete control to keep your poultry safe from fox attack, and saves the early mornings to let the chickens out, or worrying about the door being open after dark. Manual override button if you need to open or close the pop-hole outside the set times.
If your current pop-hole door might be too heavy or does not slide freely, you can add a lightweight aluminium door to your house which will not change in weight according to the weather, or stick, or warp (as timber doors can do).
Alternatively, you can opt for the Chicken Guard Extreme which lifts up to 4kg in weight and works on a light sensor and/or timer.
The Chicken Guard Door Opener is covered by a 3-year manufacturer's warranty. Should faults occur they would be quickly and efficiently rectified by ChickenGuard (based in Cambridge), or, if you have technical queries that we might not be able to help with. Call 0845 868 5817 or email email@example.com
Here to help
Join Phill (our founder) as he guides you through Chicken care with our top tips and tutorials.
Video 1 - Worms in Chickens
Phill discusses one of the main problems when owning and caring for Chickens: worms. An Easy to follow guide for how to deal with the cause for worm infection to eliminate the problem.View more videos
Reviews for: ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener - Standard AS-S5
This product hasn't been reviewed yet.